MaconIT is searching for a local candidate for a full-time Tech Support position in Richmond, VA
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position will be responsible for installing and maintaining networking and Wi-Fi equipment, and facilitating the expansion of Wi-Fi coverage at various client locations. Will be responsible for researching connectivity options for locations across the state.
Travel Reimbursement: Client provides the accommodations for any work related travel to locations and they will be driving a company vehicle. If there are any other incidentals, they will directly reimburse the individual through their expense reporting process.
Will evaluate broadband and cellular service offerings for each location and make recommendations to improve and expand connectivity. Will provide guidance to agency staff on telecommunications related topics. Will support specification, installation and testing of computers, computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. May support agency staff in the use of computer hardware and software and any related technology not provided by company. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve issues.
- Identifying connectivity (broadband and cellular) challenges within various locations – this includes travel to locations and meetings with local staff.
- Installation and maintenance of networking and Wi-Fi equipment.
- Coordinating meetings with local staff and connectivity providers to identify solutions to connectivity challenges.
- Prioritizing connectivity needs and projects.
- Working with IT dept and local staff to implement connectivity solutions and maintain those solutions once implemented.
- May be required to support PC’s and associated peripherals at verious locations on an as needed basis.