Maconit is seeking a 3-5 year contracted applicant for a SQL Data Developer role.
Description: The SQL data developer position calls for a driven and detail-oriented individual who wants to work with large and interesting datasets. The individual has practical experience in gathering business requirements, designing data structures, and integrating multiple data sources. The individual will work well both on a team and independently to provide business insights to end users across the globe.
• Work closely with internal business customers and external vendors using documents and end user discussions to gather business requirements and rules
• Translate business requirements into technical source-to-target mappings and technical design documents
• Document and update business requirements, data dictionaries, source to target mapping documents, and technical specifications
• Design and develop data models, DDL scripts, SQL queries, SSIS ETL packages, and SSRS reports
• Create rules for the cleansing, validation, and interpretation of data
• Manage and maintain existing data objects in SQL Server
• System and unit test all deliverables, including positive and negative test cases
• Understand and implement security, version control, and disaster recovery where needed to protect data objects
• Monitor, maintain, optimize, and correct the performance and data purity of solutions and reports
• Work closely and collaborate with management, the data architect, and other data developers