Maconit is seeking an experienced Firewall administrator for operational implementation, maintenance and configuration of firewalls in Richmond, VA
- Performs maintenance and changes in firewalls as required.
- Implementation of new firewalls as required.
- Assists with troubleshooting network connectivity as it relates to firewalls.
- Utilizes change management, request, and ticketing systems, documents status updates and problem resolutions.
- Complete All assignments in a timely manner with an acceptable level of quality
- Maintains documentation related to work area
- Completes network change requests.
- Follows documented processes, procedures and policies.
- Performs customer service duties and responds to customer and project requests as defined by management.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years recent operational experience administering both next generation and traditional firewalls as their primary role
- Must have networking/firewall background.
- Must have networking TCP/IP routing experience
- Must be highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Must be team-oriented, placing priority on quality and the successful completion of team goals
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Security related industry certifications a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Computer Sciences is a plus but not required.
- UNIX System Admin or Windows Server experience is a plus but not required
- Must be able to rack firewall hardware – lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work on firewalls bound by NRC regulations.